WAVE1 & AIDA2
Are you ready
- If you are aquatic and love to explore the underwater world
- At least 18 years old
- Fit to dive
- Able to swim at least 200 meters without aid
What to expect
You will be amazed by how comfortable you can be in the water! You will learn the basics of freediving and all the techniques you need to dive down to 20 meters in the safest and most comfortable way. Lots of water time, tons of practice, and endless laughters with the most knowledgeable instructors in Taiwan.
What you'll learn
- Physics and physiological basics of freediving
- Relaxation and breathing techniques
- Mental techniques/relaxation
- Introduction to equalization
- Potential trauma
- Introductions of freediving equipment
- Techniques: Finning technique, body position, turns, duck dives, equalization
- Safety and rescue procedures
- Free Immersion (FIM) & Constant Weight (CWT) to 12-20m depth
- Dynamic diving (DYN)
- Static breath holds (STA)
How we organize
- Students’ ll receive online learning materials and study before meeting the instructor for theory class and pool sessions.
- Two pool sessions. Introductions of breath-hold training, finning, dynamic apnea, and safety.
- Three ocean diving sessions. Max depth 20 meters.
- We offer schedule flexibility. Simply book the ocean diving sessions directly on calendar when you are ready.
NT 14000. 10% discount for group of 3 and more.
Max 3 students/per instructor
- Pool entry fee
- Online learning materials
- Certification fee upon completing the course requirements
Hear from our happy clients!
For your safety, and the safety of your dive buddies, it is highly recommended that you know how to swim and be comfortable in the water before attending any freediving activities.
- Upon signing up the course, please make the full payment within 2 days to reserve your spot.
- Cancellations made 1 month in advance of the course date, will receive a 80% refund.
- Cancellations made 2 weeks in advance of the course date, will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made within 2 weeks to the course date, will not be refunded. You can choose another course date, or give your spot to a friend.
- No refund will be issued if you drop out because of not being able to swim.
We try our best to keep track of weather reports. If the weather forecast isn’t looking good, the diving sessions will be rescheduled. Stay flexible.
We reserve the right to cancel/ reschedule the sessions if the diving conditions are bad. Safety first, and full stop.
From July to October, typhoons frequently visit Taiwan. It is wise to keep flexible schedule when you sign up for freediving courses or any water activities.
VD is operating at Taipei and Xiaoliuqiu island. The course location might change depending on the weather and dive season. Please contact us for details.
Of course. Welcome to the VD family:) We offer weekly pool training and ocean diving sessions. Get in contact now.
Yes. Upon completing the course and successfully passing the requirements, you will get a certificate issued by either AIDA or Molchanovs freediving education system. They are the two highly regarded freediving agencies in the world and the most popular ones, too.
The only way to become a better freediver is to continue training and build on solid skills. We offer a selection of training programs. Click on the list to learn more.
Frenzel workshop $ 3000
Learn how to perform clean and efficient equalization using Frenzel maneuver and unblock your depth.
Beginner Practice $ 700
Be more comfortable moving in the water. Practice duckdive, equalization, finning, and body positioning.
Coaching $ 1600
Need to work on depth or techniques? Chat with us to see how you can progress.
Base Training $ 1000
Intensive and fun pool apnea training designed by Molchanovs system.
Static Apnea Workshop $ 3000
It's all about breath-hold and STA training!