AIDA Freediving Emergency Medical Responder
Who's this for
- Designed for ALL freedivers especially those who are conducting independent training regularly and / or starting to freedive deeper
- Freediving instructors & assistants
What to expect
The AIDA FEMR course differs from traditional first aid courses by introducing the pathophysiology of illnesses and injuries, with an emphasis on freediving-related injuries such as barotrauma, squeezes, lung injuries, hypoxia, narcosis, decompression illness, immersion pulmonary edema (IPE/IPO), and ear injuries and treatment.
What you'll learn
- Primary survey
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use
- Airway obstruction
- Unconscious casualty
- Recovery position
- Heart attack
- Management of shock
- External bleeding
- Eye injuries
- Head & spinal injuries
- Fractures & broken bone
- Soft tissue injuries
- Burns & scalds
- Heat exhaustion
- Sea sickness
- Panic & fatigue
- Barotrauma (ear, sinus, lung)
- Decompression sickness
- Nitrogen Narcosis
- Airway management
- Oxygen administration
How we organize
- The FEMR course consists of an online theory course and a practical class with the instructor.
- Students will need to finish reading course materials and complete the online exam prior to meeting the instructor.
- The practical class is two days of skill practice and knowledge discussions with an instructor.
- Online learning materials
- 2 days of practical skill reviews and scenario-based training.
- Certification fee upon completing the course requirements
The certificate is valid for two years. You can expand the validity by doing a recurrent training with us.
YES. The course manuals, exams, and teaching will all be in English.
VD runs courses at Taipei and XiaoLiuQiu. Please contact us for more details.
Contact us to start a new course!
Sorry, but no refund will be issued for course cancellation. You can reschedule with us, or give your spot to another person.
YES. As more and more people enter the sport of freediving, it is important to know not just the basic first-aid knowledge, but also freediving-related risks and hazards.
The only way to become a better freediver is to continue training and build on solid skills. We offer a selection of training programs. Click on the list to learn more.
Frenzel workshop $ 3000
Learn how to perform clean and efficient equalization using Frenzel maneuver and unblock your depth.
Beginner Practice $ 700
Be more comfortable moving in the water. Practice duckdive, equalization, finning, and body positioning.
Coaching $ 1600
Need to work on depth or techniques? Chat with us to see how you can progress.
Base Training $ 1000
Intensive and fun pool apnea training designed by Molchanovs system.
Static Apnea Workshop $ 3000
It's all about breath-hold and STA training!